The national monument
It was elevated in memorie to the sailors who died during the 1914-1918 war. A high pylon of kersanton stone carries the bust of a Breton woman, her head covered with a mourning coif, her face turned towards the sea where so many sailors were loast during the first world war. Sculped by René Quivillic and inaugurated in 1927, the Monument was erected on a ground which was already military. Various remains can be seen there : the fire step and parapet of a battery of a XVIIIth century, a redoubt of 1854 , in good repair.
A little eastward, towering above the whole site, a place called "coz castel" (= old castle), mentionned in the 1841 land register, recalls the very ancient strategic importance of the headland.